Welcome to the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) and the University Writing Center (UWC)!
Subject tutoring, academic coaching, and writing support are available at no additional cost for all Drew students. Appointments are available onsite (in person) or online (through WCOnline or Zoom). All sessions are synchronous (i.e., you meet in real-time) and run on EST.
WCOnline has recently changed its interface. When you first log in, you will be offered a new method of scheduling an appointment. If you prefer the traditional calendar method, edit your Profile & Communication Options (under Welcome, NAME) and scroll to System Preferences: "Default to the schedule calendar view instead of the standard "appointment search" display."
1. Select a Schedule
- Center for Academic Excellence - Spring 2023: Use this schedule for subject-specific, content-area support as well as academic coaching.
- University Writing Center - Spring 2023: Use this schedule for all writing support across all courses as well as academic coaching.
*Looking for a specific tutor, writing specialist, or academic coach? Check both schedules as some staff fulfill multiple roles.
- Library Group Study Rooms: For students looking to book a study table in the University Library. For more information, email email@example.com.
2. Schedule Your Appointment
- Use the LIMIT TO list to narrow your search to your required course or focus. We encourage you to schedule an appointment in advance.
- Complete the Appointment Form. Select whether you want to meet in-person or online.
- By Appointment Only (BAO) appointments must be made 24 hours in advance or the available time is removed.
- Drop-In Onsite Sessions do not require an appointment. Look for the tutor named DROP IN to verify the day, time, location, and subject.
3. Your Appointment
- Arrive for your appointment on time in person or online.
- Bring all needed materials, including practice problems, writing drafts, assignment guidelines, schedules, etc.
- Be prepared to interact! All sessions are collaborative and conversational.
- INTO Students: Review the Policy Regarding Tutoring in the Center for Academic Excellence for INTO Students before making an appointment.
- CAE/UWC Policies: Review our policies here.
- Don’t see your course listed? If you need tutoring for a course that you do not see offered via WCOnline, please complete a Tutor Request Form.
- Interested in working for the CAE or UWC? Review our Employment Opportunities here.
Email the CAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or the UWC at email@example.com.